Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Oatmeal Apple Craisin Cookies= I'm thankful for the abundance of apples!

For me, November is Thanksgiving Month!  All month long I journal the things I notice that I'm grateful for each day.  There's no order of importance; I just write out what comes to mind for me that day.  Yah, I know I don't look so good being thankful for cookies, and such which many others are being very serious writing about how they are thankful for family, etc.  Hold tight, I always get to the important things too!

Today I'm thankful for the abundance of apples where we live.  This is what will be in my journal today!


This is my third year using the Gratitude Journal here.  I just print it out (on card stock) then use a loose leaf metal ring to hold it together.  I write out my daily notes, sometimes printing them out. I print out photos I use, recipes and more.  It becomes a sort of scrapbook journal by the end of the month.  I cherish my past years' journals and wish I had done this for a long time prior.



Our apple tree today:


Today when I ran on my lunch hour I notice our McIntosh apple tree was ready to begin picking.  It's a very late apple, but if you pick too soon all the apple is too tart.  I picked a bucket of apples after the run then came in and made a quick batch of Oatmeal Apple Cranberry Cookies.  I'll be bringing them to our Ladies Bible Study tonight, after leaving a plate out for My Mark!
 
 

Here's the recipe:
HEIDI'S OATMEAL APPLE CRAISIN COOKIES
 3/4 cup butter (use real butter!)
3/4 cup packed brown sugar (light or dark)
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
3 cups oatmeal (uncooked)
1 cup diced apples (with no skin)
1/2 cup dried craisins


Mix sugars and butter; add eggs and vanilla; add flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and oatmeal; then stir in apples and craisins.

Drop by spoonfuls (I use the Medium sized Pampered Chief scoop, which is about 2 Tblspn) onto a Silplat matt (or greased cookie sheet, or parchment paper) and bake for 10 minutes (in preheated 350 degree oven). Watch the cookies, though, so not too cooked and not too doughy--every oven is different!

Cool and eat 3 to be happy today.



Blessing, Heidi

2 comments:

Leaon Mary said...

Hi Heidi!! Love this recipe and so happy to pop in and visit you today. Your bible study gals are so blessed to get some of those cookies! yummy! Your tree looks so healthy and heavy with fruit!
Love your gratitude journal and am bookmarking it... you're always doing the cutest things. HEY... btw... Love those canisters! Beautiful !!!!

Anonymous said...

mmm i would like one...